The following purchasing policy sets outs the general guidelines to be followed by Gestamp Group when determining the conditions and criteria for a project award. In accordance with the Group’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Principles, the following principles apply for the award of Purchasing and Procurement Agreements or Contracts:
- Client as the centre of business: Each procurement contract will have as its ultimate goal, the achievement of a productive and efficient supply chain.
- Innovation as a means of progress: The value of each project award will be assessed based on innovation and development, ensuring the best quality product is offered.
- Operating excellence as a regular practice: Suppliers selection will be undertaken in line with the principles of fair competition; objectivity; and professionalism. Contract awards will be based on need; suitability; and quality.
- People as architects of success: Our professionals will ensure traceability throughout the purchasing process, and are committed to ensuring all requirements are met.
- Sustainability to ensure permanence in time: Our suppliers must comply with requirements related to Business Ethics, Environment, Health & Safety as well as Human Rights.
The Purchasing Management Process is supported via the on-line Supplier Portal, where technical specifications and offers can be managed effectively and efficiently. Buyers from our Plants and Divisions, as well as Corporate, ensure that the afore-mentioned principles are adhered to, and that legal, quality and sustainability requirements are met.
Purchasing and Procurement is divided into five different commodities, based on the nature and destination of the products. These are as follows:
- General Purchase
- Productive Machinery and Industrial Supplies
- Tooling and Dies
- Productive Components
- Raw Material